Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Christmas is Coming!

Christmas is 9 days away.  It hardly feels real but I'm sure that once the van loads of Midwesterners arrive it will all be verrrrrryyyyyyy real.  Ha, no, I really am looking forward to it.  But lately as I've realized that my 'normal' days here in California are few, there's been a little ache.  A hint of that fear rising up because more transitions are coming.  Due to the death of my great uncle, Mom, Aunt Kathy, Danny and Edie are driving out early and will arrive on Thursday.  By the time the rest of the family arrives on Saturday I need to be packed up and ready to move around because Dad and Mom will be using 'my room'.  I have no reason to complain because everything is going to work out wonderfully, it's just that lasts are so bittersweet.

Before I get lost in nostalgia I'd better switch topics.  There's been a lot of rain, which is the California equivalent of snow in that it gives you a warm fuzzy feeling to be inside while it's cool and damp outside.  The waterfall has gone from a trickle to a gush and although I haven't been going back there near as regularly these past two weeks, I did take a walk in the rain this morning (I think it was worth it).  The cool thing was that I only saw about half dozen other walkers out from the time I left the house til I got back.  And it felt like an adventure, just a really wet adventure.



The 'spring green' that rain brings to a drought-spelled land. 

Loving the contrast of the wet ground and these leaves. 


Besides rain, the days have brought attending cousins' Christmas programs and singing in the church program, gift-buying, Starbucks and hot chocolate (lots of it!), Christmas music and caroling, card making, an advent study, and another night hike to watch a meteor shower.  I had my last day with Jordyn a week ago and we went to Starbucks for coffee (me) and a scone (her...and me).  Thankfully I've been able to see her twice more in the past week and will get to see her more with the family celebrations coming up!

Ugh, I'm running out of things to say and this isn't working because I'm procrastinating. Yah, like a college student studying for finals except I don't have finals.  I'm in the middle of making a Christmas gift (it's a surprise that I'll share later on) and the fact that I need to hurry and finish is the only thing that's going to press me forward at this point.  So, I'd better get back to work.

Thanks for reading my procrastination ;)

Have a safe and blessed CHRISTmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment