Monday, June 15, 2015

Banana Split

I'm eating a banana split right now.  Just thought you'd like to know how I celebrate my evenings off.  Whew, baby.  Do I appreciate an evening off.

Camp is so fun and so wonderful but soooo exhausting and that explains my silence.  Since my spare moments are few I'm going to keep this post short but I thought I'd give a little description of my past week.

The first campers came last Sunday around 2:30 and from that moment on my energy level declined drastically.  I'm wondering if it will ever be refueled...

But, it's quite amazing because the a.m. sermon in Wolcott that first Sunday was on trust and this past week I have thought so many times at how much I just need to let go and trust God.  Trust God that I can get my horse lessons planned appropriately and trust God that the campers I just sent to the bathroom will return safely and trust God that I'm where I'm supposed to be--Crow cabin, Camp Tecumseh.

A few phrases I've said many times this past week: 'step it up, Crows!' and 'you'll see'.  The girls finally caught on by the end of the week that what we're doing in a few hours isn't relevant to the current activity and if they want to know the plans for the week they need to hurry their hinds and walk up by Lizzie, my wonderful co-counselor, and I while we discuss our activities as we walk from place to place.  Ha.  We're so sneaky.  *Smirk*

The past week some things our campers got to do was jump around on the floating trampolines at the lakes a.k.a. blobs, go on a mud hike, zipline, set up hammocks and get rained out (glad we made it back to the cabin first!), jump off the high dives, and just be together and laugh.  It's tiring, yes, but they have so much fun.  And some of them have even become not just my campers but my friends which means I need to get better at making friendship bracelets.

I'm terrible at making friendship bracelets and the fact that the first app I've bought is a friendship bracelet app might explain how much camp has taken over my life.  If you want to talk to me in the next few months, don't expect me to know much about the outside world except for what I see on Instagram or hear from the girls in the cabin.  Oh, did you hear that Zayn from One Direction dyed his hair green?  I know, life changing.

And talking about life changing...most of you probably heard that there's been a life change in our family.  Saturday morning David surrendered his life to Christ and we are so thankful and blessed.  Beyond blessed.

And on that note, I'll sign off so I can go decorate a birthday cookie for our birthday camper!
Have a wonderful summer everybody!  And don't take air conditioning for granted.

2 comments:

  1. you are hilarious. glad things seem to be going well - praying for you!
    and praise God for David's repentance! we will pray for him too.
    love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun to read this . . . I have noticed all the hard work that Jenna and Ani's day camp counselors put in and it looks like a challenging job to me! Hope you have a great time this summer.

    ReplyDelete