Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Rockville

As a last hoorah for summer!

A while back we were invited by the Rockville church for a weekend full of fellowship over Labor Day, 2013. After I went to Rockville in August of 2012, I knew that it would take a bit for me  to miss an opportunity to return! So, I asked my amazing cousin, Leah, to drive 14 hours with me to the east coast!

At first we thought that we'd get there Saturday morning and have to leave Monday morning. But thankfully we both got off work and were able to head out Friday morning around 4 to make it in time for an evening singing. We were very tired Friday night and honestly I was tired most of the weekend. But not tired enough to feel like a slob or forget what happened!

There were SO many people there! From all over the US. Fellow Hoosiers, Illinoians, Iowites, and of course people from Connecticut. I would say there was close to 200 people there! Groups got arrived/left at different times throughout the weekend, but most of the time it was huge!

My grandma was from Rockville, so I have a lot of second cousins there. And when my mom was younger they would visit some and apparently I remind people of her. At least a dozen came up to me and asked if I was MaryBeth's daughter. And back when I went in August an older lady actually called me MaryBeth! Anyway, it was great to see all those people.

All three nights I stayed with one of my mom's friend's daughter. She was a lot of fun and what made it especially memorable was that we stayed at her grandparent's lake-house. It was on the lake where my mom learned to ski! So two nights we took the boat out for a cruise around the lake in the dark. So relaxing.

It was really neat to be with such a huge group of Christians. We sang a lot, went on a hike up a beautiful mountain to a tower Saturday morning, worshipped together at church, and of course ate :) Joanna, my hostess, took us to her grandpa's car collection and Kloter Farms, the family business with AMAZING ice cream (that I somehow managed to drip down my shirt. *sigh* I can't escape my clumsiness on the east coast I guess).

Needless to say this weekend was one I will never forget! I'm so thankful for a cousin who's game to go go go! and a body of believers to fellowship with.

 
Now for the pictures!
Each night there was a different group of girls staying with Joanna. This is the group from the first night.
 
This is the grandparent's home...

And the guest house where we stayed (which would be 180 degree turn from the pic above)

Here's a group pic of the hike on Saturday

After the hike we had some free time before the evening meal/singing so we went a few different places like the car place...
 
 
And to Kloter farms for that delicious ice cream!


Here's another group shot after church on Sunday. If you're wondering, I'm in the black and white dress with lime green shrug in front (they must think we're short). Leah is in the coral shirt beside me.
 
Driving home. It was such a beautiful drive which helped it go a little quicker.
 
And that concludes my summer adventures!
However, autumn has brought a few more:)


1 comment: