Friday, February 21, 2014

Mexico: Gone Crazy...Horse Crazy

How are things in Mexico?  School...good.  Church...good.  Me...not so good.  Alright, I'm really in no position to complain.  But right now I'm going to have a selfish blogging moment.  Because lately I've really been missing my horse.  Ok, that sounds pathetic.  Yes, I really miss my family and friends.  So don't take any offense thinking you're not missed.  YOU ARE.  It's just that when I go on a walk and see a horse it's hard to keep walking and not stare at it the whole time I walk by.  Maybe horses are my connection to feeling free.  Since I've gotten here I've been living in town behind fences and barred windows.  Yes, I can go on walks, but even then I'm not about to take some unpaved path and get myself into trouble.

What hasn't helped is that Wednesday three beautiful horses walked by the compound.  This may be a little dramatic, but it about tore the heart from my chest to just stand there and watch them go by.  For a while I was consoling myself with the fact that it's too cold to ride in Indiana.  Then Mom mentioned in an email that Danny went riding in the snow.  Agh!  Do you know how much fun that is?  Okay...it's freezing...but still!  My poor pony is probably wondering if I fell off the face of the earth.

What's not to miss about this?

Freedom.  Right there. (Pretend there are no fences in that picture)


*Sigh*  Sorry to bore you.  I'm not trying to complain, but this blog is not about presenting all the glorious things in my life.  Some struggles I'm going through in Mexico are not things I'm going to post about, but this is one I can share.  You may think it's petty...and you're probably right.  But in the meanwhile I'll keep thinking of ways to get my horse down here if I should ever be down here for longer than a month.

For some news that's not about my horse: I get to Skype my family tonight!!!!!!!  Yay!!! This will be the first time I will have 'seen' them in a month which will be exciting (that's an understatement)!!!!

6 comments:

  1. When I fed Bandit just a bit ago I was giving him a good rub and told him "I bet you miss your girl!" Then I came inside and saw your blog. How well I understand your heart!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha Ha. I got to ride my horse in the snow. He doesn't lay his ears back at me anymore so I caught him and rubbed him down. Bandit gave me a big nosing today and I gave him sugar cubes. I think he likes me better than you. (JK)
    Uncle Dan Man

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Maybe because that part of my heart is also a part of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it weird for me to comment on your blog? Well, I will anyway. Maybe to come to your defense so all your readers know you're not just crazy... I was just telling Grant the other day that feeling trapped is maybe one of the biggest challenges of living here. Not that it's not a wonderful place to be, but there just aren't very many places to go and things to do... especially when you are prone to motion sickness. Freedom is definitely to be longed for... I hear you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Next time Mia and I are home, I will ride him for you. :D
    Headed to Texas on thursday! Ready for some warm weather! Miss you Aunt Jo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if you don't get to before April 2nd beware. I'm going to be quite possessive at first :P
      Hope you're having fun in Texas!

      Delete