Monday, February 24, 2014

Mexico: Saturday

Saturday was a great day!  In the morning I went with Grant and Hannah to Zomora.  We did not go to the market this time but that was okay because we went to a fabric store that is the Mexico equivalent of Hobby Lobby.  It has a bigger selection of fabric and a smaller selection of crafts but still gave me my Hobby Lobby fix for a little while.  Of course that means I bought something.  I can't go into a store like that without buying something.  After that store we went to Wal-Mart and Sam's.  Sam's in Mexico also has samples...oh, how I like Sam's. On the way home we ate at this place where they give you meat (we got a whole chicken), several different kinds of salsa, limes, and tortillas.  You shred the chicken yourself and add whatever toppings to make DELICIOUS tacos.  There was so much food we didn't eat near all of it and it cost about $3 bucks a person.  That was a very good experience :)

Then in the afternoon we had Jovenes at the soccer field.

Riding through the streets of Ixtlan in the back of a pick-up truck.  Fun way to get a different view of the town.

Climbing on the big tree while we wait for the soccer game to begin.

It was so refreshing to be able to run around and feel somewhat free.  I'm still sore today which means I exerted myself more Saturday than I have in a long time.  But it's that good sore feeling that means you had a great time.

Talented kid right there.

At first I was worried I would just make a fool out of myself, you know, playing with a bunch of Mexicans.  But soon it felt so good to move so I just had fun...and made a fool of myself.  There was a lot of loose dirt on the field since grass doesn't grow well here so there were quite a few wipe outs, and not just by me!



Ivory watching on the sidelines. Agh! She's so adorable!


After a water break we started playing baseball.  Marshall takes baseball very seriously.  Here he is setting up the bases...

Maybe they were too worn out from soccer?...

There were some covered bleachers nearby where we sat for the Bible lesson.
Ivory and I ready to sing.

Here is part of the group that attended this Saturday.  It was a bit younger this time than normal since usually there are a few more between 20 and 30 that attend.
                                                             

  Afterward I walked with Hannah back into town and then we had our nightly game of Settler's.  Since we've been playing so much we switched it up a bit that past week but now we're ready to play normal again.  Basically Grant wins no matter how we play. I'm an ego booster :)

Hope everybody has a wonderful week!

4 comments:

  1. The poor children. You didn't bruise anyone did you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey this time was definitely better than Europe. I may have left a bruise on one little boy but it wasn't like the incident with Kevin, thankfully!!!

      Delete
  2. So fun to hear about your experiences there! I'm a little jealous of all the time you are getting to spend with Grant & Hannah and Ivory. I know they feel blessed to have you there! Love from all the Schambachs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from the Schambachs! I am so incredibly thankful to have Grant and Hannah here and of course Ivory too. From time to time I'm around when they Skype with the Waibels and when I hear Wendy's voice I just think of how much you two sound alike!!!

      Delete