Friday, November 21, 2014

Days with Jordyn (and Jenna!)

I have an hour to kill while I wait for Joey to pick me up because today we leave for Magdalena!  Ever since I went to CVE in 2011 and heard about the big Thanksgiving celebration they have there I've wanted to experience it at least once.  What better opportunity is there than when I'm living in Altadena which has a group that goes down every year?  We're driving to Tuscon today and staying the night there before heading into Mexico tomorrow.  I'll be sure to do a post when I get back :)

This past week I watched Jordyn on Thursday instead of the normal Tuesday because her older sister, Jenna, got off school early and wanted to hang out.  In the morning the house cleaners came so I took Jordyn to the mall and we walked around and she napped in the stroller while I browsed the sale racks.  Then we got home a little before Jenna's friend's mom dropped her off. 

Jordyn wanted yogurt for lunch and she also wanted to feed herself! Imagine that :) I will say it was much cleaner than when she feeds herself spaghetti-o's.

After we were home and ate, Jenna arrived and things livened up a little!  She had to do homework first but part of her homework was drawing so that inspired Jenna to a draw-off, or a drawf, as we called it.  Once Jordyn was down for her second nap we got to work.  First we drew girls on one side of the paper and Jenna drew a fabulous portrait of Rapunzel that Disney would be jealous of.  Then on the other side we drew babies--check out her darling baby drinking a bottle on a blanket on the grass.  Kids' drawings are just the cutest!  Needless to say, Jenna won the drawf.

The day ended with a light saber war and Jenna the ninja won the tournament of that as well.  It was great to have the afternoon with her :)

As far as a normal day with Jordyn...
She usually naps a total of 2.5-3 hours while I'm there, sometimes it's one long nap and other times it's two shorter ones.  When she's awake she loves to spend time outside and the great thing about where they live is that there's a park and a cute little village within walking distance so we take the stroller out and about.

Fun at the park!

She's not afraid of much. I have to slow her down halfway down the slide so she doesn't fly off the end!

This is from one of our walks to the village. As you can see, she's a pretty easy kid and I love that smile!

At the house we do things like color, read books, play with the doll house, take care of baby, etc.  It's been a blessing to have this opportunity to get to know Jordyn better and have a little variation in the week.

Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!  Don't eat too much turkey ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment