Saturday, November 29, 2014

Memories from Mexico

Whew, feels so good to be out of the car, although I do enjoy a good road trip. Just a few hours ago we rolled in from our trip to Mexico and since I have to do laundry tonight and will be up until that's done I figured I might as well write a blog post.

The past week has been a wild ride.  If you've never been to CVE then now is the time to go!  I've only been there three times, including this trip, but something about the place makes it just feel so good to be there as though I've been there many times before.  Although I knew very few people in the group at the beginning of the week, by the end of the week I knew most people's names and had made some great memories with new friends and old friends alike.

You probably don't want a detailed, chronological report of everything that happened so I'll just share a few of the highlights...

Sunday bus ride in the morning to pick up town people for church.  Such a neat experience.


A heart to heart with one of the newer missionaries on a hike up to the cross. 

Yesssss. A Mexico sunset 💜

Serving food with these crazy fun people. 

Making large quantities of food for Thursday night dinner all week long. 

Sneaking away to Cafe Sed with Kali, Eddie, and the Zobrists. Okay, so I had permission from the head chef (Aunt Jody). 

Tori Wulf enjoying some coffee. 

Eddie playing in the bookshelf. What a cutie. 

A huge highlight was when somebody arrived on Wednesday. 
Chelly!!!

Pies ready to go for Wednesday night pie night! Yummmyyy. 
 
Thanksgiving dinner with 400+ guests from town.



Hot chocolate in coffee. Warming up by the fire. Good company.

Dutch Blutz!

Building and strengthening relationships. 

A little bit of background for the next picture...
In 2011 when I first went to Mexico and road the bus Sunday morning a little girl in a pink tank top with a tube of Mascara got on the bus and sat with me.  She took pictures with my camera, sat by me in church and smeared mascara all over her and her friends' faces during the service, and worked her way into my heart.
 
 

When I went back in 2012 for Jon and Kali's wedding I got to see her living at CVE!  She had blossomed into a beautiful girl!

I can't clearly remember why or when, but one random winter evening, I typed out a little story about how God had touched me through this sweet girl.  And now over two years later when I returned there she was.  She didn't remember me but by the end of the week we were friends again :)

A less fuzzy-feeling highlight was watching a pig get stunned, killed, and butchered Friday morning. I didn't watch the whole thing since I needed to finish packing but it was pretty intense!

Fun times on the ride home. 

And now I get to catch up on all the sleep I deprived myself of all last week :) It was soo worth it :)

To end the post I'd just like to say thanks first to God for His Unspeakable Gift and also to all of you who read this blog and pray for me.  One of the many things I'm blessed with is a wonderful support group and too often I take it so for granted.  So thanks for sharing these tidbits of life with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment