Wednesday, February 25, 2015

6 Months (already!)

Hey all! Calvin here.  I thought that since my nanny didn't think it was too big of a deal that I've been alive and well here on this earth for over six months I'd better take over the blog for a minute.  My official six-month day was February 16th but I had pink eye and a runny nose so it wasn't necessarily a day I'll look back on as enjoyable.

Overall, life as a six-month-old baby is pretty good.  I will say that I'm ready to say goodbye to runny noses and sore gums but besides that I don't have much to complain about.

If I'd have to choose a highlight of being six months it would be a pretty close tie between being able to eat real food and bouncing in my swing/jumper.  At first, solid foods were a shocker and trying to swallow such a clumpy spoonful of mush was difficult but I've certainly picked up the hang of it and some things I've tried so far are: avocados (which Aunt Jo thinks is spectacular because she really likes avocados), apples, bananas, carrots, prunes, squash, sweet potatoes, and zucchini.  That's definitely not the full list but I might lose the privilege of enjoying samples of Mom and Dad's food if I tattle on what they've shared with me.  Don't worry, I get plenty of exercise for the food I'm eating.  As I already shared, I love my bouncy swing.  They put this mat under my feet that plays music as I jump up and down and it's pretty exciting, for a few minutes at least.

Some other things I enjoy are sitting up all by myself to play with toys which Aunt Jo also seems to think is pretty swell.  The ABC's and 'You Are My Sunshine' make me happy so I hear them multiple times every day along with 'Jesus Loves Me' and 'Hush-a-bye-don't-you-cry-go-to-sleep-my-little-baby' which must get stuck in Aunt Jo's head.  Along with nice music, I like all the funny noises the people in this house make at me.  They do all sorts of stuff to humor me and I humor them by laughing because they look and sound quite ridiculous.

Now, before you get to my six-month picture gallery I do have a confession.  Sleeping at night is just not my gift.  But I have a wonderful Mom and Dad who, well, have decided it's time I learn to fall asleep by myself in the crib which isn't fun, but they also get up multiple times in the night to soothe me and Mom lovingly nurses me with sleepy eyes.  They love me so much.  I can tell.  And I love them.

Okay, now you can enjoy some pictures of me cheesing it up.  At least I hope you enjoy them because Aunt Jo wiped and wiped the gunk out of my eyes and sat me here and there and stuck this black thing in my face that clicked.  Unfortunately I think she wants to try it again with Mom here.






Oh no! I hear Aunt Jo coming so I'd better go before she catches me writing on her blog!!! Bye-bye now!

No comments:

Post a Comment