Saturday, March 8, 2014

Mexico: Week in Review

It's a Saturday afternoon and I'm sitting in my bedroom trying to come up with something do to. So why not write a blog post.

This week has been hard.  I have found that the things I struggle with the most are what I least expected to struggle with.  The beginning of the week was off to a pretty good start.  But on Wednesday the accumulation of small but not so small issues really took my spirits down.   It was probably the most challenging day I've had so far.  In the evening I finally came to the point where I was completely broken before God and admitted that He was all I need!!!  The next day was much better, thanks to prayers (especially from my parents who patiently 'listened' and advised me through email Wednesday evening) and a caring God.  There still are some rough times, though, and being satisfied completely in Christ is a challenge every day!

All that said, here are a few pictures from the week:

This little girly turned 1!!! Grant and Hannah's blog has a fun post about that party.  Boy, was it ever a party! This pic was taken this morning though as we were ready to go to the market.  I don't think there are any other wagons in town and people point when we walk by.

Thankfully this little critter was on the outside of my window, not the inside!

There are purple trees blooming right now that are soooo gorgeous.


 On Wednesday I went with Grant and Hannah plus their company, Blake (Hannah's cousin) and Kristin to a seafood restaurant.  They had other food on the menu which was good seeing as I don't care for much seafood.  And I didn't smell fish even though some was served to our table.  This dish is like Mexican cordon bleu.  Mmmm, yummy!

Hope everybody has a wonderful weekend.  God bless!

2 comments:

  1. Those purple trees, smell like grape koolaid. They are great. They were just blooming in TX when we were there. I wanted to take one home. Your sister is staring to show. (just a little). It's real! ahh! :D

    Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, there's one blooming right now in Marshall and Jan's yard. I'll have to take a big whiff next time I walk by :P
      Hopefully by the time I see Mia again she'll have a cute little baby bump. Love you guys!

      Delete